What more could you ask for? White chocolate and raspberries added to one of the best comfort foods ever, bread pudding. I am sure this will be one of those desserts that you will unashamedly hid in the nearest dark closet with a flash light to eat.
- 8 ounces French bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 c. milk (do not use low-fat or non-fat)
- 3 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 c. sugar
18 oz. white chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 c. frozen raspberries
7 large egg yolks
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 275°F. Arrange bread cubes on baking sheet. Bake until light golden and dry, about 10 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to rack; cool completely. Increase oven temperature to 350°F.
2. Combine 3 cups whipping cream, 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup sugar in heavy large saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add 10 ounces white chocolate (about 1 3/4 cups) and stir until melted and smooth. Whisk yolks and eggs in large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in warm chocolate mixture.
3. Place bread cubes in 2-quart glass baking dish, along with frozen raspberries. Add half of chocolate mixture. Press bread cubes into chocolate mixture. Let stand 15 minutes. Fold in remaining chocolate mix. Cover dish with foil.
4. Bake pudding 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is golden brown, 10 – 15 minutes. Transfer pudding to rack and cool slightly.
5. Bring remaining 1/2 cup cream to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Remove saucepan from heat. Add remaining 8 ounces white chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
Serve pudding warm with warm white chocolate sauce.
- “Christmas Cookies #1: White Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprints” and related posts (shirleyjump.blogspot.com)
- Chocolate Lovers Rejoice! Valentine’s Recipes That Show your Love Without Adding Pounds: Health-Conscious Sweets for your Sweetheart from the Destination Spa Group (prweb.com)
- Recipe: Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce (courtneyoutloud.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate treats to melt your valentine’s heart (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Big Girls, Small Kitchen: A Spoonful of Chocolate Makes the Holidays Go Down (huffingtonpost.com)
- Recipe: Rice pudding with chocolate sauce (thejc.com)
- Recipe: Coconut Milk Bread Pudding (thekitchn.com)