I have been trying to find some new recipes, and I found this one and it sounds wonderful, especially on a cold winter’s day. Now that I am home, I am trying to find recipes to make in my crock-pot. I just need to get organized, take the time to write a list and then learn to stick to a list while shopping. I am still looking for a good vegetable recipe to serve alongside this recipe.
Beer-Braised Beef over Noodles:
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vegetable or olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 0z. beer, regular or non-alcoholic
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- hot cooked noodles
In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Place on paper towels; drain, discard drippings. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In the same skillet brown beef on all sides in oil; drain.
Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add bacon, onion, garlic and bay leaf. In a small bowl, combine beer, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and thyme. Pour over beef mixture.
Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
In a small bowl, combine flour and water, mix until smooth. Gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes longer or until thickened. Discard bay leaf. Server over noodles.
- Venison Steak Diane (apronsandcammies.wordpress.com)
- Beef Noodle Soup (rantsfrommycrazykitchen.com)
- The Ever Pretentious Beef Bourguignon (mybestcookbook.wordpress.com)
- 25 Easy Crock Pot Recipes (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)
- 33 More Easy Crock Pot Recipes (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)
- The World Didn’t End and a Recipe (greyhousejournal.wordpress.com)