Speaking of Cajun style food, I have a neighbor from Louisiana, who makes the best hot crab dip. I will get the recipe from her and post it on here soon. I ate the whole container (granted it was small) in one sitting by myself. It was delicious!
- 6 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
Flatten chicken to 1/2 in. thick. Brush with oil. Mix seasonings together and rub onto chicken. Marinate 2 hours or overnight. Fry or grill. This chicken also makes a good hot sandwich.
- 1 (6 oz.) plain yogurt
- pinch chopped mint
- 1/4 c. chopped tomato
- 1/4 c. chopped green pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and serve. Mint.
- It’s Some Kind of Dipping Sauce! (faithkeith.wordpress.com)
- imabonehead: Make-Ahead Cajun Chicken and Mushrooms (salad-in-a-jar.com)
- Chicken with Cognac Sauce (franksblog.hoferfamily.org)
- Mama Rosin: Some like it hot (guardian.co.uk)
- Cajun, Creole, What’s the Difference? (laf.ee)
- Cajun Music (hopeseguin2010.wordpress.com)